Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Four Days to the Next One

With four days remaining before my next race, I'm sitting in my home office with my left foot up on my desk, wrapped in an ace bandage, hopefully not continuing to swell. Great, right? I haven't been having any aches or pains leading up to this race, except for a little IT band twinge on Saturday that seems to be gone now. Even so around lunch time yesterday, the big-toe tendon on my left foot started to bother me. A couple hours later, my foot was swollen.

It's definitely the tendon, I feel it most when I flex my big toe. But where did this come from? The only thing I can think of to blame it on is the Chacos I wore yesterday - maybe my foot didn't appreciate the toe loop. Regardless, I've worn those sandals (or others exactly like them) nearly every day of every spring and summer for the past couple years, and this is the first time this has happened. So, who knows. All I know is that my foot hurts!

Off to ice again. Here's hoping that whatever this is, it clears up for Saturday's race.

No comments: