Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Accountability.

It's something we, as fitness professionals, are always pushing. Keep yourself accountable...have a workout partner, to keep yourself accountable....schedule your workouts, to keep yourself accountable. I have to find a way to keep myself accountable - y'all are it. Here's this week's plan:

Monday: Scheduled day off
Tuesday: Run 4 miles, easy pace
Wednesday: Run 3 miles, easy pace
Thursday: Run 5 miles, easy pace
Friday: Run 3 miles, easy pace
Saturday: Run 3 miles, easy pace
Sunday: Long run of 6 miles, easy pace

Total: 24 miles. Kona will probably do most of them with me.

I can tell you right now, it's unlikely I'll run 5 on Thursday. I wrote up this plan knowing that my school obligations would sometimes screw it up - Thursday will be one of those days. I'm due on campus at 6 AM and will be at another school doing assessments until noon. Then classes all afternoon until 7 PM, and I'm supposed to play soccer at 9. That doesn't leave much time for running. If I don't play soccer, I'll be out there. The plan is to add at least an extra mile on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, and I ran an extra .5 today (for 4.5). I'm just going to try to work with it. At least soccer's a workout...

I'm also biking to campus most days of the week, though I admit I've already been lazy this week. Monday I expected to be sore from Sunday's race, so I arranged a ride with Heather. This morning I biked in, but frankly I was in a bad mood by the end of the day, and hitched a ride home - my bike is still on campus. I'll get a ride in tomorrow morning, and go from there.

This is going to be a rough week.

No comments: